Hair is referred to as ‘crowning glory’ and it’s rightly said so, as our hair is a major part of our appearance and boosts our confidence and self esteem. For instance, a good Hair day instantly uplifts our mood and makes us feel 100 x times better. Whereas, shedding hair can lead to shedding confidence among many of us. Seeing hair fall on the floor, pillows, combs etc can be heartbreaking. Didn’t we all face this at some point of our lives?! Hair goes through a cycle of growth and rest, in addition to this, old hair is constantly falling out to make room for new hair. While experts say, on an average we lose upto 50 – 100 strands of hair a day but this is nothing to worry about. The problem of noticeable hair fall comes when the growth of hair starts to slow down. This is when you need help and should start looking for a cure. But, why does Hair fall occur? There are various reasons that cause hair fall like change in the weather, increasing environmental pollution and our modern stressful lifestyles and unhealthy food habits. Poor blood circulation, infections, diseases – even medicines can cause or aggravate hair fall. Some serious health issues like thyroid, PCOD, hormonal imbalances and chronic stress are one of the major causes of hair fall. Also, excessive use of heating tools or styling products and various chemical treatments can damage the hair health and the quality of hair leading to hair fall. Even Genetics play a significant role in hair loss. As per Ayurveda, hair fall problems are caused by an underlying imbalance of doshas (Vata, Kapha and Pitta) in our body. Now that we know the causes of Hair fall, let’s come to the most asked question –
“How to control Hair Fall?”
● Oiling & Massaging – As advised in Charaka Samhita, Hair Oiling is a highly recommended practice for all hair related problems in Ayurveda. Massaging the scalp for a few minutes regularly is said to stimulate the scalp by increasing flow of the blood to hair follicles and helps to enhance the strength of the roots of your hair and conditions the scalp. It also helps in relieving any tensions & aids in reducing stress. Kesh King Ayurvedic Oil is considered to be one of the best Ayurvedic hair oils to boost hair growth. It is a potent hair health recipe designed for optimum results in hair fall control, helps stimulate hair growth and enhances natural good looking healthy hair. With the goodness of 21 Ayurvedic therapeutic herbs like Amla, Brahmi, Bhringaraja, Neem,, Japa, Manjistha, Tulsi etc that are picked from the purest sources with ‘Mantrocharan’ and processed using “Tel Pak Vidhi” in which all the herbs are boiled in Sesame Seed oil for hours under rigorous conditions to absorb the goodness of the herbs in the final product. When applying oil using hands and fingers, a lot of the product is wasted on the hair strands or palm and does not reach the roots. Kesh King has come up with this revolutionary “deep root comb” applicator that helps to enhance micro circulation on the scalp and allows targeted oil application at the roots where it’s the most important. The deep root comb makes it easier and convenient to apply and stimulates the roots for deeper oil penetration that helps in boosting the hair growth. For best results, it is advised to use three times a week X three months.
● Using an Anti-Hair fall shampoo – Using the right shampoo for your hair can solve a lot of your hair problems by keeping your scalp clean and healthy. Kesh King Shampoo not only cleans the scalp but also gives healthy and nourished scalp and improves the hair texture. With the goodness of Aloe and 21 Ayurvedic herbs, it boosts the hair growth with up to 80% less hair fall while helping your hair look silky, shiny, smooth and healthy.
● Using an Anti-Hair fall Conditioner – Many of us, tend to ignore conditioners after shampooing the hair. Simply washing the hair with just a shampoo is not enough. Let me tell you why it is so important to use the right conditioner every time you wash your hair. Conditioner reintroduces moisture back into your hair after a hair wash and ensures it is thoroughly nourished and strengthened which will reduce the frizz and prevent hair breakage. After shampooing the hair, apply a good anti – hair fall conditioner like the Kesh King Anti – hair fall conditioner along the length of your hair and rinse thoroughly after 1-3 minutes. It controls hair fall, helps to manage frizz and moisturizes giving silky, smooth and shiny looking hair. For best results, use Kesh King Anti-hair fall oil & Anti – hair fall shampoo. Using Ayurveda & Tel Pak Vidhi mentioned in the Vedas, Kesh King has formulated these products which will help you with all your hair issues and boost your hair growth.
Other tips to control hair fall :
1. Balanced & Nutrient Rich diet can immensely help in hair growth. Include items rich in Vitamins A, B, C, E and Zinc, Iron, Biotin, Protein & essential fatty acids. For balancing the doshas in our body, it is advised to reduce the consumption of spicy, salty & sour food items and avoid tea & coffee. Try replacing oily & fried food items with cooling items such as cucumbers, leafy vegetables, coriander, yogurt etc..
2. Cut down your Stress – Chronic Stress is one of the major causes of hair fall. Stress can disrupt the process of hair growth leading to hair fall and premature greying of your hair. So please try to calm yourself, if possible do meditation and avoid stressing yourself as much as possible.
3. Avoid Hot Showers – Hot Showers are a big No-no! Unknowingly, many of us tend to shower with hot water regularly as it feels relaxing and what better way to feel some warmth during the cold weathers, right?! But, you’ll be surprised to know that hot water strips the scalp of its natural oils, leading to brittle hair which tends to break off easily causing hair loss. We would suggest washing your hair with Lukewarm water instead.
4. Do not comb wet hair – Untangling the hair while it’s wet right after the shower seems a lot easier to many. But, wet hair is highly prone to breakage. So it is advised to comb and detangle your hair with a wide toothed comb once your hair is dried.
5. Avoid Heat Appliances- Reducing the usage of heat appliances can help in minimizing the damage that is caused by the curling irons, blow dryers & straighteners that cause breakage of hair and weak, brittle hair. Air drying your hair is the best way to dry your hair and reduce the damage. Also, limiting the use of chemical treatments and chemical based products can limit the hair fall.
Follow these tips to take good care of your hair and get back the shiny, healthy mane you have been waiting for!